Small business operations are generally composed of the following:
- Marketing & Sales. Publicly articulating the business’s services and products, finding leads and turning these leads into customers. Maintaining and fostering existing customer relationships.
- Product & Service Delivery. Development and delivery of the promised product or service in a profitable and timely manner. Ensuring customer satisfaction with their delivery.
- Administration & Operations. Developing,executing, monitoring and assessing company policies and procedures.
- Human Resources. Hiring and retaining staff, training them on internal process and procedures, and keeping staff up to date on product and service offerings and delivery.
- Accounting and Finance. Ensuring profitability, adequate cash flow, timely billing and cash collection and keeping staff sufficiently busy to earn a profit. Developing and maintaining financial reports to monitor profitability and improve operational efficiency.
Due to their limited resources, small businesses need to be efficient in these operations to maximize profitability and ensure on going company success. There must be efficient supporting processes and systems in place for these operations. Close team work is also a must.
Microsoft’s SharePoint Online can improve small business in these areas:
- Collaboration both internally and with existing and potential customers.
- Organizing, delivering, and tracking internal and/or external jobs/projects.
- Leveraging prior experiences.
- Generating, managing and approving documentation more effectively.
- Fostering a stronger team spirit.
- Reducing overlapping or redundant administrative software.
Unfortunately, small business do not take advantage of SharePoint due to its learning curve and their lack of technical resources for implementation and maintenance.
Fortunately, SP4 Small Biz LLC offers Small Business Back Office (SB2O) as an out of the box solution allowing small businesses to take advantage of SharePoint Online.
Reach us at SB2O Sales.